Marine Engines & Saildrives
WARRANTY INFORMATION FOR PROPULSION ENGINES
This warranty sets out the conditions and limitations of Beta Marine’s warranty for the purchaser. Beta Marine Limited (Beta) give this warranty to you, the customer, that the product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period set out in the following table. These warranty terms only apply to Kubota based propulsion engines. This warranty replaces clause 17 in our general terms of tender and sale.
(1) Beta’s warranty falls into two categories:
Retail customer who uses the engine for pleasure applications/private use.
Commercial customers, this covers work boats charter boats and hire boats.
(2) The warranty period for these two categories is as follows:
Pleasure applications/private use – 5 years from date of the invoice from Beta, a Beta Dealer or 2000 operating hours, whichever comes first.
Commercial applications – 1 year from date of the invoice from Beta, a Beta Dealer or 1000 operating hours, whichever comes first.
(3) Warranty costs will be covered as the attached matrix where P = parts, L = labour and - = not covered:
(4) Warranty does not cover consumable parts which would be replaced during the normal routine servicing of the engine, see operator's handbook.
Beta Marine PNW… More Than Just Engine Sales
We don't want to just sell you an engine, we support the boating community through a comprehensive array of repowers, education and marine diesel engine services designed to enhance our customers’ experience on the water.
Beta Marine PNW is here to recommend the right size propulsion engine and associated materials needed for your repower. If you need assistance with installation, warranty services, repair or service needs, reach out and Contact Us today.
Small, Powerful, Quiet, Reliable
Beta Marine, marinized Kubotoa engines, are the perfect engines for the boat owner who likes to manage their own routine engine maintenance.
(5) Warranty is invalid if genuine Beta or Kubota approved parts are not used. These parts can be obtained from your local Beta dealer.
(6) Beta Marine Ltd reserve the right to either repair or replace the parts concerned. Replaced parts become the property of Beta Marine. Any warranty work must be authorized by Beta UK working through your local dealer or boat builder.
(7) Wherever possible warranty work must be carried out by a Beta Service Dealer. If one is not available then contact must be made direct to Beta Marine Limited in the UK who will authorize work to be carried out by a local engineer.
(8) Travel to do warranty work is limited to 2.5 hours and 200 miles round trip. The removal and reinstallation of an engine is limited to 4 hours.
(9) The customer must pay the labour and parts cost direct to the engineer who carries out the work, for those parts not covered under warranty as defined in item (3).
(10) Third party claims are not acceptable as defined in our terms and conditions of sale (see acknowledgement form).
(11) Freight and shipping fees are not included under the warranty cover.
(12) This warranty is valid for the first retail purchaser only. It may be passed on to the second customer at the discretion of Beta Marine Ltd. only
(13) Owners/Users Responsibility
(a) Owners must satisfy themselves that the engine is installed and commissioned correctly so that the engine cannot be damaged or made to run incorrectly or cause to fail leading to a life threatening situation. The warranty card and Installation and Commissioning check list must be completed and returned to your dealer or Beta Marine for warranty to apply.
(b) Owners must maintain the engine in a proper manner as described in the operator’s manual. Faulty parts (b) must be immediately replaced or repaired so that continual use of the engine cannot cause these parts to
suffer premature failure causing possible injury or death in certain circumstances.
(c) Owners can choose to use a local dealer to commission the engine and carry out service work or do this themselves. All costs must be paid by the owner.
(d) Engines being stored for more than 6 months must be either run regularly or special protection oils
specified at the time of purchase. Failures relating to incorrect storage or maintenance are not covered by
(e) The Warranty card must be returned to your dealer or direct to Beta Marine to register you as the first owner.
(f) Warranty does not cover parts affected by the following:
- installation faults
- ordinary wear and tear
- improper use
- rust, corrosion and contamination
- contamination of rubber mounts by oil or diesel
- contamination by sea water in the engine oil or water in the fuel supply
- incorrect storage
- changes to the electrical system including the installation of customzed instrument panels and modifications to alternators to accommodate the use of battery charge regulators etc.
- high alternator temperature. This can occur where a high output alternator (over 120 amps) is connected to a battery
- management system. In these cases an extraction fan must be fitted to cool the alternator
Beta Marine Pacific Northwest is owned and operated by Sea Green Partners, dba SEA Marine, Port Townsend, WA